Would you like to join The OCM?
The CCM role is key to our future success. The CCM acts as a partner to our client organisations, understanding their needs and connecting our expertise and talents to their strategic goals.
The role will give the right candidate an opportunity to bring their leadership experience and knowledge as well as their coaching and mentoring expertise to bear on real organisational opportunities and challenges. It will be demanding – but we'll give you the support you need to develop. And you will be part of creating the future in our purpose driven, challenging and supportive team at The OCM.
For a full role profile, look at the expandable panels below.
The OCM have an extensive existing client-base - the Sales Manager role will focus on the growth of opportunities and establishing high quality commercially sound relationships within new client organisations. The focus is on building relationships, creating opportunities and selling work to new client organisations, which – over time – will be managed by The OCM's account managers. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leader in the coach-mentoring industry, selling leading-edge products, services and solutions with a company that is firmly on an upward curve.
For a full role profile, look at the expandable panels below.
If you're interested in applying for either role role or would like to talk to a member of our Executive about this role please email email@example.com with your contact details and relevant CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The OCM Team
Title: Consultant Coach-Mentor – 50% FTE
Reports to: MD Coaching Services
Main purpose of the role
Delivering and developing impactful and high quality coaching and mentoring services to The OCM's clients - making individuals, teams and organisations stronger, more capable and more adaptable.This is achieved through building long-term client relationships, selling profitable work and delivering projects efficiently and with commercial acumen.
To take responsibility for delivering high quality coach-mentoring services by:-
- Delivering high impact coaching and mentoring with individuals and teams in The OCM's client organisations
- Delivering CMS work and/ or workshops as part of open programmes when required
- Designing and creating products, programmes and services to meet client needs
- Meeting professional requirements for CPD and Supervision, 8 hours for Supervision and 32 hours for CPD – which includes 12 hours to attend 2 OCM team development days per year
- Proactively building relationships with new clients and actively managing existing accounts to broaden, deepen and strengthen the quantity and quality of relationships between The OCM and key contacts
- Taking a lead role in selling work to existing and new client organisations, including building relationships, writing proposals, pricing the offer, giving presentations and closing sales
- Creating Marketing material, which may include white papers, podcasts and materials for trade shows
- Meeting OCM requirements for good governance, including management of time, reporting and record-keeping (as specified in the Employee Handbook)
- Designing and implementing effective projects that meet client needs and The OCM’s expectations
- Managing own delivery of project work to be compliant with time and cost targets agreed with the Account Manager, including time for delivery, administration and travel
- Updating and maintaining accurately all The OCM systems including Sugar, Excelerated and Outlook
- Contribute to the development of the team and your colleagues by attending and contributing to all key internal meetings as required and to virtual communication.
Key measures of performance
- Deliver paid-for (or defined internal project) work of 480 hours per annum (calculated in a single calendar year)
- Contribute to the team achieving its targeted revenues including managing accounts and opportunities to deliver £60,000 of invoiced sales annually based on working 50% FTE
- Design and sell opportunities to meet margin expectations (as agreed with line manager)
- Contribute to the development of The OCM business and our brand in the marketplace by delivering on your responsibilities as specified in the Marketing Plan
Key capabilities, attributes & technical abilities
- Executive coaching
- Team coaching / facilitation
- Group training / facilitation
- Consultancy skills / solution design
- Time management and project management
- Strategic understanding / systemic thinking
- Commercial product development / design and Implementation of new products and solutions
- Commerciality / budgeting / pricing
- Lead generation
- Account management including negotiation
- Coaching skills – qualified to at least Practitioner Level and strong track record of coaching at senior levels – abiding by the Global Code of Ethics
- Business skills – experience of leadership at senior levels in private and/ or public sector organisations (leadership, financial and strategic responsibilities)
- People skills – ability to understand, build relationships with and work productively with a broad spectrum of people and a strong understanding of political and organisational dynamics in large/ complex organisations
- Consulting skills - conceptual strategic thinking with a situational and holistic mind-set
- Commercial focus – drive to sell and deliver profitable work which clients really value
- Comfortable in ambiguity – at ease with the challenges in complex, changing situations and working with clients who face similar challenges
- Balanced self-assurance - confidence in own abilities as a coach and as a consultant, tempered with humility and the desire to improve and develop
- Development oriented - constant focus on self-development and openness to new approaches and ways of working
- Purpose-driven - with a passion for The OCM, our purpose, our clients and our way of working together with a strong underlying motivation to help others to be stronger, more capable and more adaptable
- Able to create high quality material all key Microsoft Office packages – Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Able to use all key virtual meeting and messaging platforms independently and effectively – e.g. GoToMeet, Skype, Slack, Appear-in
- Uses social media and blogging sites effectively, including Linked-In and other relevant networking sites
- Fully conversant with all OCM systems in use including Outlook, Slack, Sugar, Excelerated and Learning Management Systems– Online Learning Portal and Alchemy Pathway
- Able to become proficient swiftly and confidently with new platforms / systems as required, for example to support new digital learning products.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will be deeply motivated by our purpose, and energised by exploring the needs and opportunities across a range of organisations. They should be able to access prospective and current client organisations across the UK, with a particular focus on London, the Midlands, South East and the M4 corridor. This is a field sales role and will involve visiting companies to conduct meetings, understand company needs and make presentations, as well as office based time to generate opportunities and advance pipeline.
Your Experience / Skills
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years successful business-to-business selling experience in a professional services environment. Ideally, candidates will have experience and qualifications in the management consulting/ HR consulting/ Business Psychology/ Executive coaching areas and sufficient understanding of Coaching and Mentoring to have a genuine motivation for our purpose. Preferably you will have a relevant degree qualification but high quality writing skills are a pre-requisite for this position.
Being a self-starter with good organisational skills is essential; you will need an understanding of the critical business issues that organisations are facing, matching their needs with our coaching services offering.
Candidates will have a proven track record of successful sales. Having previously sold consulting/ HR services will be a significant advantage. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is seeking an extra challenge and the associated financial reward. A track record of consistently meeting and exceeding stretching annual sales targets is essential.
Consistent and strategic use of a CRM system is an integral part of the role.
- Deep experience with the use of CRM software (Salesforce, Sugar or equivalent) to strategically manage a sales pipeline, contact database and for forecasting and reporting
- Outstanding Presentation Skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Outstanding listening skills
- Ability to understand a client organisation's strategic objectives and use this insight to position The OCM as a trusted partner who can help them achieve these objectives
- Commercial Awareness
- Personally well presented
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and persistence
- Strong levels of emotional intelligence
If you have the right mix of skills, have the ability to think laterally and are keen to focus your energy on the needs of our customers, we would like to hear from you. In return, we offer a great career opportunity in a successful and rapidly growing business.
Core accountabilities in the role:
- Build and strengthen The OCM's sales pipeline
- Selling coaching services into new client organisations
- Prospecting and pipeline generation
- Prospect lead follow-up and qualification
- Understanding prospect requirements via calls and meetings
- Responding to proposals and pitching for work, in conjunction with our consulting team
- Producing quotations and illustrating the value of our solutions
- Negotiating and closing
- Achieving quota and forecasting accurately
- Successful candidates will have the ability to develop customer relationships, to understand their needs and translate into solutions that deliver real business benefits.
£60k Base salary + benefits; OTE c. 120K.
Application process and Closing Date
Please submit CV with covering introduction via this website, assuming you fit the profile above. Closing date for this position will be February 28th 2019 but do not delay as early applications will be progressed.
Selling in a professional services environment: Minimum 3 years (Required)
Full clean driving licence required