Who is this programme for?
This course is not deisgned to "teach" people how to coach, it is designed to develop and professionalise your coach-mentoring practice through a structured process of CPD, 1-2-1 coaching and feedback and critical reflection. We expect candidates to have completed some basic coaching development or have been coaching for a number of years prior to joining the programme.
Ideally this programme is for anyone:
- using or planning on using coaching as as a key part of their role, either coaching others inside an organisation or workinig independently;
- with responsibility for leading coaching initiatives inside an organisation or planning to lauch them in the future
When can you start?
This course is an individual, self-managed programme so you can start when you like (please ignore start date in blue box below). You will be assigned your own coach-mentor supervisor (CMS) who will provide your individual briefing and your ongoing CMS sessions. Whilst its an individual course, you will get the opportunity to practice and learn with other delegates and candidates on the mandatory CPD workshops you attend as part of this course.
Use this programme to upgrade your EQA from Foundation to Practitioner level
We have agreed a modular approach with the EMCC that alows individuals to upgrade their existing EQA award from Foundation to Practitioner. Please see expandable pannel below for more information.
- Duration: 75 hrs of learning over 6-8 months
- Accreditation: EMCC Foundation Level
- Entry requirements: Good business English, a good grasp of coaching basics, the ability to demonstrate the necessary skills to have effective coaching conversations with others
- Individual fees: £2,995 + VAT
- Content level: all content and assessment for this course is at EMCC Practitioner level as this enables eligible candidates to upgrade. Please see expanable pannel below.
This is not a starting point, this is about developing your professional practice, not learning how to coach.
You will have 8 hrs of Coach-mentor Supervision but you won't have compulsary practice sessions or feedback from your own coachees.
We must attend 3 workshops from our CPD workshop list, including:
- Psychological Insights
- Managing Coaching & Mentoring
- Systemic Approaches in Coaching and Mentoring
- Use of our online learning portal and access to our learning resources;
- “listen anytime” webinars;
- three days of workshops (see above);
- putting learning into practice;
- reading two books plus one of your choice;
- creating development plans, capturing learning in writing logs and summaries;
- eight hours one to one telephone coaching and feedback with one of our qualified coaches;
- observed practice and two-part assessment over the final workshop;
- a closing telephone assessment.
By the end of this qualification you will be able to:
- Use a selection of resources from the programme with your own choice of models and techniques and build on existing coaching skills to provide coaching that develops insights and learning consultants;
- Listen and interpret client and sponsor’s needs, create and develop effective solutions that enable progression and achievement of outcomes;
- Respond to a coaching brief and contract for coaching with a client and coaching sponsor;
- Build, maintain and effectively conclude coaching relationships with clients and sponsors;
- Manage and evaluate organisational coaching initiatives in the workplace and be able to determine supervision requirements for internal coaches;
- Recognise safe and ethical practice and ensure that the expectations and boundaries of the coaching contract with clients and sponsors are effectively maintained;
- Gather information on the effectiveness of your coaching practice, for continuous improvement; Take responsibility for your own development show awareness of how your own beliefs and values may impact on your own professional coaching work;
- Describe the importance of supervision for coaching professionals and uphold the standards and reputation of the profession;
We have agreed a modular approach with the EMCC that enables people to upgrade their European Quality Award (EQA) from Foundation to Practitioner level.
Any individual who holds an EQA at Foundation level can complete this course - within 3 years of their original qualification - and qualifiy at EMCC Practitioner level.
This is a first for the EMCC and we're delighted to be able to offer this to our clients.
There are some requirements you must meet to achieve this:
1) You have completed an OCM Certificate in Coach-mentoring within the last 3 years
2) You have completed another providers Foundation level EQA with at least 50hrs content prescribed as at Practitioner level
3) Should you meet either of the above criertia, you must have a log of a minimum of 25 hrs of coaching practice
Assuming you can meet the above crieteria and you successfully complete this course, you will be awarded the Advanced Certificate in professional Coach-mentoring at EMCC Practitioner Level.
For more information and to find out if you are eligable for this upgrade please contact Ed Parsloe