As an individual, this course will give you a personalised, highly supported experience. You will work with our specialists to co-create an authentic supervision approach that is rooted in best practice principles yet aligned to your own values and existing coaching practice. You will become a flexible, creative and highly effective supervisor.
Whilst this is primarily an individual porgamme, we also run it for groups of supervisors and always seek to create working groups for individuals who start at or near the same time. These individuals will have the added benefit of learning from their fellow practitioners during the webinars and additional action learning sets that this approach allows.
Supervision is both a collaborative process and space to explore practice, protect clients (organisation, individuals, profession) stimulate personal and professional development and sustain the quality and relevance of coaching and mentoring in any given context.
The OCM Certificate in Organisational Coaching and Mentoring Supervision has held the European Supervision Quality Award (ESQA) provided by the European mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) since 2012.
Typical candidates are qualified practitioners or independent coaches with at least two years extensive experience in C&M consultancy or practice, who wish to develop their instinct, confidence and skills for effective supervision, through critical reflection, enhanced self and systemic awareness and the secure harvest of organisational learning.
It is an ideal course for busy HR, L&D specialists or OD consultants accountable for the standard of practice, for supporting the continuous development of coaches and mentors, and for re-alignment of previous and current investment in C & M for organisational health and ethical practice.
As this is an individual distance learning course, it is a palpably differnt learning experience to more traditional class room based experience. The real benefit is a much higher degree of flexiblity, fitting in with your schedule not the other way around. It is a highly supported experience and you will recieve a much greater degree of 1-2-1 support than other comparable programmes. This will allow you to work closely with our experienced practitioners to help shape and mould your supervsion practice in a way that is authenitic to you and your practice.
- Approx. 100 hours over 6 months with 4 x 90 min webinars
- Knowledge modules: 2 mandatory and 1 optional
- Supervisory hours support from Coach-Mentor Supervisor: 7 including2 hrs of feedback
- Average hours required per month: 15
- Indicative content: core skills and tools; psychological approaches; use of creativity; systems thinking; group supervision; review of practice including 180 Benchmarking; online resources; self-assessments; minimum of 3 books.
Cost: £2,750 + VAT per candidate
To view an Overview of this programme, please download the PDF below.
Please note - candidates need to buy their own books for his programme, it is not included in the price.
- To understand and be equipped to deliver the core functions of supervision in different contexts
- Have appraised diverse and practical approaches to support effective individual and group supervision, as well as developing a broader theoretical understanding.
- Experience of ‘real time’ practice, supported critical reflection and developmental feedback on your supervisory skills.
- The development of a personal code of practice and synthesised learning for supervision in an organisational setting.
- Different dimensions to your coaching practice
- Increased confidence to try new approaches in managing coaching delivery
- More mindful and rounded practice
- Focus and objectivity
- New and different work streams
- Re-orientation of coaching direction for organisation, coach pool and individuals
- Greater integration of coaching into business priorities
- Further development of coaching and mentoring ethos and a coach ‘brand’
- Immense value from shared experience during significant change periods at work