What is the course?
This is the highest level of EMCC accreditation we offer at EMCC Senior Practitioner level. It's called our Advanced Diploma in Professional Coach-mentoring.
Who's this for?
It is designed for individuals who already have a high level of existing coaching and mentoring ability yet want to deepen their knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to enable them to be a full time professional coach-mentor supporting the most complex and challenging people and organisational issues. We work with where you already are to create a bespoke learning experience tailored to meet your precise development requirements. You will have very high levels of 1-2-1 support from your own coach-mentor supervisor and seperate course tutor to help you develop an authentic highly effective coach-mentoring practice.
Duration – 15 months registration period, can be completed within 12
Workshops – at least 8
Time Commitment – 500 hours
Accreditation – EMCC European Quality Award (EQA) at Senior Practitioner Level and this includes the building blocks towards gaining European Individual Accreditation (EIA) for your coach-mentoring practice
Cost – independent £7,000 + VAT, corporate £7,750 + VAT
Dates and Locations: You start with an individual briefing at a time of your chosing and select a range of workshops from our CPD Calendar
Contact: Ed Parsloe
- Flexible – start when you want and select workshops that you fit with your commitments and interests
- Choice – choose to develop the skills you need to be effective in any situation and context
- Highly practical – lots of opportunity to practice and receive feedback on workshops, observed practice days and with real life coaching clients
- Develop an impactful approach – we develop flexible, authentic coach-mentors who create impact in a range of situations and contexts
- Suitable for experienced coaches - we build on your existing skills and you can tailor it to meet your development needs
- Expert content - content designed and delivered by expert coach-mentoring practitioners
- 1-2-1 support – develop your authentic style and reflective practice skills through regular individual sessions with your own coach-mentor-supervisor
- Built in EIA – from day 1 we support your career progression for the next 3 to 5 years by embedding EIA requirements into the course and your practice
- Trusted brand – trusted partner of the CIPD since 2004, we’re a brand you can trust in a crowded market place.
There are over 500 coaching and mentoring courses in the UK, most of which are highly structured, largely repetitive in nature and (almost) universally unimaginative in outcome. Candidates are spoon fed content, told how to coach and taken through a process at the end of which they are declared a “qualified” coach or mentor.
We see things slightly differently…
We believe in choice and personal responsibility. We give you choice of when you want to start and of what workshops you attend. We allow you to select topics that are relevant to you and the type of coach-mentor you want to become. We encourage you to take responsibility for your own learning by insisting upon self-management and creating your own timetable for study.
You won’t be left to flounder, we provide you with your own Coach-Mentor Supervisor (CMS) and Course Tutor / Assessor who will guide you through your own unique learning journey, helping to embed learning and develop your reflective practice skills.
Whilst this approach might be uncomfortable to those accustomed to a more directive pedagogy, we know that the coach-mentor that emerges is more authentic to the individual, is more agile in their approach and more effective in a wider range of situations and contexts.
The overall study time for this course is 500 hrs over the a 12 months period. You have a further 3 months to complete your evidence portfolio before it is finally assessed. As this is a bespoke programme, you can chose which comibination of workshops you attend but in general each candidate will have at least:
- 1-1 virtual briefing for 2 hours
- 8 days of workshops (you must include a full day on Psychological Insights and half days on Observed Practice and Supervision as part of the mix, see full workshop schedule here)
- 6 hours of virtual coach mentor supervision time
- 9 hours of Tutor/Assessor time – mainly via online feedback
- 36 hrs of "real-life" coach-mentoring practice with 4 coachees (you must source the coachees)
- 10 prescribed books and 4 other sources of knowledge (you must buy or aquire these yourself)
- 4 self-assessments
- Online activities
This course is only available to individuals who can deminstrate a minimum of 2 years professional practice as a coach and/or mentor.
Should you wish to enrol, you will be required to have a 30 min telephone interview to assess your existing knolwedge and competence as well explore areas of interest for future development.
To find out more and to arrange an interview please email Ed Parsloe on email@example.com