Who is the course for?
This 6 month development programme is best suited for experienced coaches and team leaders who wish to provide their working practice with a practical understanding of teams and team coach-mentoring. All delegates will be expected to identify a team to work with throughout the programme to enhance their reflective practice and learning.
Why take this course?
A practical programme designed to provide you with resources, skills and experience to confidently develop the performance of the teams you work with. The programme has been developed around the OCM’s Framework for Situational Team Coach-Mentoring providing you with the tools to develop your own approach to working and supporting teams in their unique situational context.
What’s in it for me?
This highly practical blended course draws on the experience of our team coach-mentors to demonstrate how team coaching supports the learning in a team promoting sustained performance and increased productivity. The programme is designed to provide you with a real-life tool kit of useful learning from which you will:
- Gain an understanding of Teams and Team Coaching and how this supports the development and performance of a team
- Explore the dynamics of teams through understanding and use of multiple models and tools
- Develop your own authentic approach and toolkit to Team Coaching
Pre-work - Selected reading at own pace in own time. Identify a team that will be your reference point when considering the content and learning of the course – can be a team you are coaching, a team you are a member of or a team from outside of work.
Start - 1 day Workshop 21st March, 6th June, 11th October 2018 and 12th February 2019
Month 1 - Team Coach-Mentoring practice with identified team
Month 2 - Progress review with Professional Team Coach-Mentor focused on design & implementation of effective team coach-mentoring interventions (60 min virtual session)
Month 3 - Webinar - Enabling learning in the team: Building Trust
(all Webinars have 20 minutes ‘Listen any time’ online content followed-up by 60 min virtual session)
Month 4 - Webinar - Conflict and collaboration in teams
Month 5 - Webinar - Systemic awareness in teams
Month 6 - End - Final review with Professional Team Coach-Mentor (75 min virtual session)
- Recognise and consider what it means to be a team coach-mentor for self and your client team and/or organisation.
- Describe the key differences between 121 and team coach-mentoring.
- Effectively select coaching models and techniques relevant for working with teams to gain insight and self-sustained learning in a team.
- Ensure expectations and boundaries of Team Coaching engagement are establish and managed.
- Recognise and effectively handle situational dynamics arising in the moment when working with teams.
- Select and apply effective evaluation methodology and approaches to assist the team to measuring and track their progress and improvement.
- Evaluate your own team coach-mentoring practice and take commitment to ongoing self-development and supervision.
Preparation required in advance of ‘Team Coach-Mentoring’
- Read ‘Implementing in the real world – the T-Systems story’ case study in The OCM 2016 Journal
Questions to consider in advance for those coaches who have already coached a team:
- What assumptions did I hold going into my first team coaching session and how were they different after the event?
- How did the dynamics of team coaching impact the group and influence the overall approach?
- What area of my team coaching would I like to improve upon and how might I do this?
Question for attendees who have not coached a team:
- What are my expectations of team coaching?
- What does team coaching mean for my coaching practice and me?
Costs for the full development programme aref £1,785 + VAT
Costs for attending the workshop day on the 21st March, 6th June, 11th October 2018 and 12th February 2019 is £195.00 + VAT (or £150 + VAT for OCM Alumni)
This programme is Certified by The OCM and will count towards your professional development CPD.
If you would like further information on this new development programme please contact the OCM Team on 01869 338989 or email our Head of Team Coaching Jackie Elliott email@example.com