Our Story

International providers of coaching and mentoring qualifications and skills training for both organisations and individuals.

Since starting in 1998 in Oxford, England Led by our founder Eric Parsloe, we are responsible for numerous firsts in the coaching and mentoring market.

We have expertise in two broad areas: delivering coaching and mentoring services to our client organisations, and delivering qualifications and training in coaching and mentoring.  This combination gives us a strong understanding of the world of business and the challenges facing senior leaders; and at the same time, a strong technical understanding and great capability in coaching and mentoring.

Approximately 50% of The OCM’s business currently comes from delivering executive and one-to-one coaching, mentoring, team coaching and consulting. The remaining 50% comes from bespoke training courses, qualifications, and leadership development work which has a strong coaching and mentoring emphasis.

Currently, just less than 75% of our work comes from private sector organisations and just over 25% from the public sector and not-for-profit clients.  Approximately 85% of our work comes from organisations in the UK and the remaining 15% is delivered in Europe and the wider world.

We work with client organisations in a broad range of sectors.  In the private sector, the majority are FTSE 350 or equivalent sized organisations.  We have a particular emphasis on Financial Services, FMCG, Retail, Technology, Utilities and Professional Services firms.In the public and not for profit sector we are currently working with NHS trusts, universities, local government and several charities.