What is supervision and how can it help?
Technically speaking, supervision is the interaction that occurs when a coach or mentor brings their coaching and mentoring (CAM) work experiences to a supervisor in order to be supported and to engage in reflective dialogue and collaborative learning for the development and benefit of the coach or mentor, their clients and their organisations.
More generally CAM supervision can be described as:
- A Coaches coach or a Mentor’s mentor;
- A place where a coach or mentor can share and explore topics addressed in coaching or mentoring conversations and discuss different ways and techniques to address them;
- An opportunity for coaches or mentors to reflect on their coaching or mentoring practice;
- A place to develop skills;
- A place to discuss any ethical issues or concerns;
- An opportunity to collate themes/trends that would be helpful for the organisation to hear and act upon;
- Providing quality control regarding coaching/mentoring;
- Ensuring the practice of coaching/mentoring remains rooted in the organisation’s purpose and needs.
All our sessions - group and individual - are delivered by fully EMCC qualified and experienced supervisors. Their focus is to build commitment and enthusiasm in coaches and mentors and encourage people to think about their successes and draw strength from these but we also encourage practical reflection on any aspects of CAM that haven’t gone so well. This ensures that people feel supported and challenged to build on their development needs and deliver even more effective CAM work in the future.
Scroll down to view our different supervision offers