Terms and Conditions
The OCM Group Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions form the basis on which you can visit us and our website www.theocm.co.uk. Please read them carefully as they contain important information.
General terms and conditions
The site is owned and operated by The OCM Group Ltd of Suite 1, Orchard House, Hopcraft Lane, Deddington, Oxfordshire, England, OX15 0TD and is referred to in these terms as “we” or “us”. If you have any queries about these terms and conditions or if you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, you can contact us at [email protected] or telephone: +44 1869 338989.
In these terms "Client" means the person, firm or organisation registered on the website as booking the services. Such person, firm or organisation is also referred to in these terms as “you".
The term “Delegate” means the person who is registered to attend a course (which may, or may not, be the Client).
1. The contract between us - We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the services that you order before your order can be accepted. Payment of the price for the services represents an offer on your part to purchase the services, which will be accepted by us only when a confirmation of acceptance is sent by us. Only at this point is a legally binding contract created between us.
2. Acknowledgement of your order - To enable us to process your order, you will need to provide us with your e-mail address. We will notify you by e-mail as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your order and to confirm details. For the avoidance of doubt, this correspondence does not constitute a contract between us.
3. Ownership of rights - All rights, including copyright, in the website are owned by or licensed to The OCM Group Ltd. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or repost anything on this website for any purpose.
4. Accuracy of content - We have taken care in the preparation of the content of the website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all services have been described accurately. However, we cannot be held responsible for any errors in description or pricing which may arise.
5. Damage to your computer - We try to ensure that our website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website. Except in the case of negligence on our part, we will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
6. Availability - Our services will be provided within an agreed timescale, and time is not of the essence of the contract.
7. Ordering errors - Any change to your order should be made in writing to the Events Manager, [email protected]. If you cancel or amend your order then you will need to refer to our cancellation policy.
8.1 The prices payable for services that you order are as set out on our website. All prices are exclusive of VAT and are correct at the time of entering information.
8.2 You are registered for the advertised length of your programme. If you require additional time to complete a programme, the option to re-register will be made available and will be subject to an additional charge, details of which are available on our website.
9. Payment and expenses
9.1 We will take payment upon receipt of your order from your credit or debit card. We accept no liability if our services are delayed because you did not give us the correct payment details. If it is not possible to obtain full payment for the services from you, then we can refuse to process your order and/or suspend any further services. This does not affect any other rights we may have.
9.2 Payment is required at the time of booking and clients will receive confirmation by email. Bookings will not be confirmed until payment has been received. We accept payment by selected credit/debit cards. All credit card payments are subject to a 2.5% payment processing fee.
9.3 You are responsible for all travel arrangements, including visas, together with the cost of any residential accommodation, telephone calls and any other expenses, whenever and however, incurred.
10. Cancellation and transfer rights of the client
10.1 Where you are a consumer as defined in The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 you have the legal right to cancel your order up to 14 calendar days after the day on which the contract is entered into (the Cancellation Period). You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty (unless we have begun the services within the Cancellation Period in accordance with clause 10.2)
10.2 If you require us to begin the services within the Cancellation Period, we require you to make an express request to do so. In such cases, your right to cancel continues until either the end of the Cancellation Period, or the completion of the services, whichever is the earlier. If you cancel during the Cancellation Period we may charge you for any services provided up until the point when we receive your cancellation notice, and will provide a partial and proportionate refund accordingly. Your right to cancel the services will no longer apply once the services have been fully performed.
10.3 Places are non-refundable. Bookings may be transferred only once, subject to availability, at a cost of £250 + VAT. All transfer requests must be made in writing, and receipt acknowledged by us, 60 days or more prior to the start of the event. Please contact the Events Manager, [email protected]. Requests made after this time will not be accepted.
10.4 Any cancellation by a Client outside of the times set out above, including for example the inability of a client to attend an event at short notice and due to unforeseen circumstances, constitutes a cancellation for which no refund will be made.
11. Cancellation by the company
11.1 We reserve the right not to process your order if:
11.1.1 We have insufficient staff or resources to deliver the services you have ordered;
11.1.2 We do not provide services to your area; or
11.1.3 One or more of the services you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error.
11.2 If we do not process your order for the above reasons, we will notify you by e-mail and will credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit/debit card as soon as possible, but in any event within 28 days.
11.3 Our schedule of events are correct at the time of going to print. However, changes may occasionally be necessary due to circumstances beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel a programme or event at any time and to offer an alternative date and/or location. Should the alternative date and/or location not be suitable to you, we will offer a full refund.
12. If there is a problem with the services
12.1 If you have any questions or complaints about the services please contact us. You can do so at The OCM Group Ltd of Suite 1, Orchard House, Hopcraft Lane, Deddington, Oxfordshire, England, OX15 0TD telephone + 44 1869 338989.
12.2 We are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with this contract and in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (the Act).
13.1 We are not responsible for any indirect or consequential losses. We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these terms and conditions. We do not accept liability if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations set out in these terms and conditions by anything you (or anyone acting with your express or implied authority) does or fails to do, or is due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
13.2 Furthermore, we do not accept liability for any losses related to any business of yours including but not limited to: lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
13.3 Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
13.4 Notwithstanding the above, we shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the amount paid by you to us for the services in question.
14. Notices and changes to legal notices
14.1 We reserve the right to change the terms, conditions and programme content at any time and without prior notification and you should look through them as often as possible. Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address: The OCM Group Ltd of Suite 1, Orchard House, Hopcraft Lane, Deddington, Oxfordshire, England, OX15 0TD and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time.
14.2 Clients are requested to retain copies of any documents issued, including terms and conditions, in relation to the booking or provision of our services.
14.3 We constantly review our systems and data to ensure we continue to provide the possible service to our clients
15. Law, jurisdiction and language - This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
16. Invalidity - If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
18. Third party rights - Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.
19. Data protection - Where the Client is not the Delegate, the Client warrants that it is the data controller of all personal data, as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998, disclosed to us through the website or otherwise in the performance of our services. The Client warrants that it may lawfully disclose to us personal data relating to each Delegate for the purpose of delivering the services.
20. Course content and suitability - Delegates should enquire as to the content of the course before booking and ensure that the course is suitable for their purposes, and that they possess the required experience or qualifications (if any are necessary for the course these will be stated on the website). Whilst we take all reasonable care and diligence in designing suitable courses, the courses are not to be taken as technical or legal advice and Delegates should not rely on the content of any course to act or to not act in any particular manner.
Delegates are expected to act at all times in accordance with the instructions of the course providers. Delegates are also expected to act with decorum and with appropriate concern for the safety and welfare of the course providers and other delegates. In the event that the course providers believe that any Delegate is not acting appropriately, the course provider may at his or her discretion remove such Delegate from the course and no refund will be provided.
21. Confidentiality and copyright - The Client agrees that it, and any Delegates for which it books a course, which will not disclose or provide or make available to any person any course or program materials or copies acquired from us without our prior written consent. All rights in such materials and courses are reserved. The recording, copying, loan, unauthorised hire, public showing or broadcasting of such materials and courses is prohibited. The Client agrees to indemnify us from all costs, claims, loss or damage we may sustain as a result of breach by the Client or a Delegate of this clause.
We, The OCM are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with. To view our full policy please visit https://www.theocm.co.uk/legal
The Chief Executive, The OCM Group Ltd, Suite 1, Orchard House, Hopcraft Lane, Deddington, Oxon, OX15 0TD