What we offer
Please use the "Helping you" box to qualify your search
In your organisation
Our aim is to build capacity and potential in your organisation rather than create dependence on our services so coaching and mentoring becomes a self-sustaining part of your organisations culture.
The courses we run for organisations tend to have two main focuses:
1) Build coaching and mentoring skills of leaders/managers to shift their style to have better, more impactful conversations in the workplace. These are short courses or workshops that are often delivered in conjunction with other services as part of a wider culture change initiative;
2) Develop formal coaching and/or mentoring skills to create a dedicated coaching/mentoring resource to support specific organisational challenges or development needs. These are typically an off-the-shelf accredited course or can be tailored to meet specific organisational needs.
Why not read the case study or scroll down to find out more about our offerings?
It is a complex and often confusing market so choosing the right course can be challenging, there’s so much choice!
There are many decisions to be made before deciding what accreditation you require and what level of training is appropriate. For example, what type of coach or mentor do you want to be, who do you want to be working with and where you want to be coaching are all important considerations.
The good news is that we're here to help you make an informed decision so you chose the right approach for you, even if that means training with one our competitors!
Throughout the year we run a wide range of open enrolment accredited courses so it doesn't matter if you're just starting out or are looking to develop advanced skills, the chances are we have a course that meets your requirements.
Follow this link to read more about our courses
Alternatively, we're here to help so why not arrange a call with our specialist to discuss your options in more detail?
Executive and team coaching
Our international team of professional and experienced coach-mentors support the performance and development of resilient, authentic leaders in the UK, Europe Russia and Asia. The OCM Coach-Mentors have catalysed and enabled sustainable change for our clients across sectors from FMCG to IT, Public Health to Finance.
Today’s complex, interconnected, fast moving, ambiguous organisation needs leaders who inspire trust and engage their teams, managing themselves and others with skill and insight. It needs teams that rapidly and gracefully adapt to change, supporting team members’ performance and development.
Each leader, team and organisation is unique and the most effective mix of coaching styles, tools and positions will be individual to them. At The OCM, we want to have a transformational impact on the individuals we coach and mentor. But we also want to have an impact beyond the individual we’re coaching. We want to bring in a broad, strategic focus to the coaching, helping individuals to effect change and collaborate with others to solve broader strategic challenges.
We call this “Situational Coach-Mentoring”.
Situational coach-mentoring takes a special kind of person. Our coach-mentors have three core sets of skills which they bring to their work:
Coaching/ mentoring experience: Our coach-mentors have a tremendous track record. They are highly qualified and have worked with a wide range of people and a wide range of issues. They know that there’s always more for them to learn so they have a strong commitment to continuous professional development and a keen insight into their own strengths and weaknesses.
Business acumen: They have had experience in business leadership at a senior level, as well as fluency with company financials and experience of setting company strategy. They have had experience of leading through change and of driving growth. This enables them to understand their client’s situation and the wider organisations that they are serving.
Interpersonal insight: They have a deep understanding of others, and can understand and relate to a wide range of different personality types. They have insight into organisational dynamics and politics, and know how to influence and manage stakeholders.
Our coach-mentors are not only credible, experienced and knowledgeable but work flexibly and effectively providing as needed:
- Non-directive coaching as well as experience-based mentoring
- Effective challenge as well as constructive support
- Deep reflection and a focus on creating real changes in impact.
We select and manage our coaching team carefully to ensure that we offer a wide variety of coaches, working in a range of languages, offering differing leadership experience and backgrounds. All of our team share The OCM’s pragmatic philosophy and take a systemic, solutions-focussed approach.
The OCM’s Team Coach-Mentors provide a powerful partnership with the team and the team leader to effectively deliver success for the individuals, the team and their organisation.
The benefit of bringing a group of high performing experts together in a team is to create value, encourage innovation and improve performance above and beyond the individual team members alone. Team coaching supports the leader to do this in all areas of team engagement, strategy and collaboration, balancing day-to-day deliverables with the need to grow and develop.
Teams face many diverse challenges from how to integrate new team members or address interpersonal conflict, to setting-up a new team to meet stretching targets. These can create highly stressful periods for a team that drive down productivity, leaving the team leader and team members frustrated and unsure how to create greater resilience.
Our Coach-Mentors partner with the team and the leader to build confidence, knowledge and awareness, meeting current challenges and leaving the team stronger, more capable for the future.
A typical team coaching agreement could contain elements of any or all of the following as depicted in our Team Coach-Mentor Model:
Team Direction – provide clarity, focus and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team
Team Awareness – increase understanding of the team dynamics and individual team members, how they perform and behave together within the wider system/organisation
Group Learning - develop problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills facilitated to include feedback and interaction with all team members
Team Development - learn how to make decisions and take actions that will lead to better efficiency, productivity and quality of work life
Personal Development – expand self-awareness, knowledge and improve individual personal skills
Team Leadership Coach-Mentoring – provide perspective, insight, expertise and experience to challenge and support the team leader
Our team of expert coaches and mentors have a wide range of knowledge and experience which you can access to support you in:
- Tailoring and design of coach-mentoring skills and practice development for internal coach-mentors and leaders, including access to our Learning Portal on line resources;
- Creating and implementing selection processes for your internal or external coaching and mentoring teams;
- Designing and implementing client matching processes for your coaching and mentoring pools, including use of our on line Coach Selector;
- Constructing and implementing measurement processes to check quality, assess value and gather organisational learning from your coaching and mentoring investment;
- Developing coaching and mentoring policies, procedures and resources to meet your strategic goals;
- Designing and supporting team coaching to support team development needs;
- Building and implementing coaching services to support your learning programmes and initiatives.
What we do
We work with organisations to design and implement strategically aligned mentoring programmes. We provide an end-to-end service that ensures clarity of purpose, world class stakeholder training, clear processes for selection and matching, effective measurement of outcomes, high ethical standards and efficient support/programme management. We work to internationally recognised best practice mentorinng standards to provide a consistent and globally accepted benchmark of good practice mentoring.
Why develop internal mentoring capability?
Effective mentoring is widely regarded as one of the most effective ways of supporting the development of your people. When properly managed and delivered with skill, internal mentoring can be especially effective at meeting organisationally specific challenges. It can become a cost effective way of meeting your strategic objectives and delivering sustainable competitive advantage through your people.
Why work with The OCM?
We are mentoring experts with a proven track record of delivering results in a variety of sectors across the globe. We attribute this success to our focus on measureable impact and working systemically with our clients by linking our work to the strategic objectives. We share our experience and expertise to guide you through a structured process ensuring the desired impact is understood, the processes for effective management are in place and the skills we develop are fit for purpose.
We offer a number of services:
- Creating and implementing effective strategy
- Providing innovative training
- Selection and matching
- Effective evaluation
- Support and management (including online management tools).
Please contact our Head of Mentoring Katherine Ray to discuss how we can help you create a world class mentoring prorgamme.
Alternatively, why not have a look at our ELECTRIC Mentoring programme to see how we might build mentoring capability in your organisation?
Supervision fulfils a number of needs for coaches and mentors:
- an opportunity to examine, reflect and learn from your own (and others) practice
- a developmental resource, and place to learn new or different approaches
- a safe space to share and explore concerns and issues, as well as celebrate success
- a professional container to unravel potential ethical and boundary issues
- a tangible way of demonstrating on-going fitness to practice, safeguarding you, your clients and the profession.
Alongside developing people to become supervisors, we offer supervision in a range of formats in order to make supervision as accessible as possible to coaches and mentors looking to maintain and build the quality of their practice.
Scroll down to read our supervison offers
What we're saying
Exciting Info on The OCM 2017 Conference https://t.co/djneUVW540
Are you tired of leading in a VUCA World? https://t.co/3hVLpT88WJ