The OCM Team
We currently have no vacancies, but we're always looking to expand our pool of fantastic associates so if you think you'd be a great fit please get in touch.
Diversity and Inclusion Policy
The OCM Group is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion amongst our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best.
In providing our services to others, The OCM Group is also committed to take action against unlawful and unfair discrimination of our clients, partners, associates, suppliers and members of the public.
To that end, the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and not to discriminate on grounds of age, gender, marriage and civil partnership, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origin) disability, sexuality, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief.
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential. The OCM Group will oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination. This includes in pay and benefits, terms and conditions of employment, dealing with grievances and discipline, dismissal, redundancy, leave for parents, requests for flexible working and selection for employment, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities.
- Individuals should have the opportunity to live autonomous and socially responsible lives.
- Respect should be given to the individual and common humanity of all people.
- In our relationships we will act to address and remove all discrimination which impacts negatively on individuals.
- Physical, psychological and social violence and oppression have no place in our organisation, and will be opposed whenever and wherever we encounter them.
- Individuals are encouraged to be aware of their relationship to the world around them and to choose effectively their own responses and be responsible in their behaviour.
- These beliefs and subsequent actions are to enhance the well-being of individuals and society.
- The OCM Group aims to conduct its activities in ways that reflect the beliefs listed above and the practices listed below.
- The OCM Group also expects our employees and any associates, consultants, advisers or suppliers working with us, to likewise conduct their activities in ways that reflect the same beliefs and follow the same practices. All employees should understand they, as well as their employer, can be held liable for acts of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, in the course of their employment, against fellow employees, clients, partners, associates, suppliers and members of the public.
- We commit to creating a working environment free of bullying, harassment victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all and where individual differences and the contributions of all employees are recognised and valued.
- We aim to challenge any employees, clients, partners, associates or suppliers whom we perceive to be acting in ways which impact on others as negative discrimination.
- We constantly seek to enhance our own awareness of possible areas of discrimination.
- We monitor our language, both spoken, written and non-verbal, for inadvertent discrimination.
- We commit to train managers and all other employees about their rights and responsibilities under this policy.
- We take seriously, complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination by fellow employees, clients, partners, associates, suppliers, members of the public and any others in the course of The OCM Group’s work activities.
- We commit to monitoring the make- up of the workforce and also assessing how this policy and any supporting action plan are working in practice, reviewing them and considering and taking action to address any issues.
- We commit to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion, thereby demonstrating this policy in our practice and behaviours.
- We commit to review employment practices and procedures when necessary to ensure fairness and also update them and this policy to take account of changes in the law.